7 Signs Your Gutter Needs Cleaning
We know not everyone notices the warning signs that their gutter is in need of a clean. Plus, with so much on your mind it can be easy to let your gutters remain out of sight, out of mind. But it’s crucial to clean your gutter regularly - at least twice a year! Fortunately, thanks to our experience in gutter cleaning, Exeter property owners can rely on SS Roofing to carry out the task for them. Whether you’d like us to clean your gutters or you’re happy to take on the task yourself, here are a few tell tale signs that your gutter needs some attention.
1. It is overflowing after rainfall If you spot water running down the side of your house (or any watermarks on your house as a result of overflowing water) this is a sure sign your gutter is clogged up.
2. Any signs of damaged paint or wallpaper This may come in the form of damp or mould, and though it might start off very small it can become a huge problem so keep an eye out!
3. Cracks in the walls or foundation of your home If you’ve been putting off gutter cleaning, Exeter properties will start to show it soon enough. This is one problem you should never allow to escalate, so should you notice any cracks in the walls or foundation of your home it’s time to call a roofing specialist to get those gutters cleared.
4. Mould growth or rot along the fascia It’s crucial to catch this problem by cleaning your gutter before any wooden fascia (the roof edge) starts to rot.
5. Any pooling of water in the gutter The purpose of a gutter is to redirect water, not store it. This is a definite sign your gutter needs a clean.
6. Leaky roofs or saggy ceilings If caught early, you can avoid this problem entirely. Watch out for any troublesome leaks and be sure to inspect your ceilings regularly, as well as your roof.
7. Insects or other pests gathering in the gutter If your gutter is becoming an animal habitat, this is a sure sign it’s not doing the job it was made for. It may be making the bugs happy, but it won’t make for a happy home for you. If you notice any of these signs, act straight away. Clear your gutters yourself or - for a fast, reliable and thorough job - hire a roofing contractor. For gutter cleaning in Exeter and the surrounding area, SS Roofing is more than happy to offer our professional services. We are the roofers Devon can rely on!